documenting ovirt.org outages downtime

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:27:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 10/22/2013 12:03 PM, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 05:02:40AM -0400, Eyal Edri wrote:
>> I'm still missing real commands/actions on what to do in an outage.
>> examples:
>>  1. how to login and server name
>
> It's easiest to just use www.ovirt.org, which is a CNAME to
> wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com. I'm sure the username is now in the usual place.

The username is something long and complicated, and you'll need to get
it from the git remote for the wiki sources.

>>  2. where is our app is located (to those who are not familiar with openshift)
>
> Not sure what you exactly mean. Physically? Which directory?

The git repo, and the standard OpenShift workflow, is what I meant.

>>  3. how to check if disk is full, and ideas on fixing it - (e.g which logs to delete)
>
> Disk is limited by standard quotas:
>
> [wiki-ovirt.rhcloud.com 847edb45aea84198838f915be6faa066]\> quota -s
> Disk quotas for user 847edb45aea84198838f915be6faa066 (uid 3689):
>      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
> /dev/mapper/EBSStore01-user_home01
>                   4911M       0   5120M            9571       0    200k
>
> It seems currently most space is used by our database (3.5G) and as you
> might know, mysql innodb storage is never returned. Even if you purge
> all tables, the ibdata file can't shrink. That doesn't have to be bad,
> but something to be aware of.

Yes - painfully aware of it :-( No real solution either.

>>  4. email/irc contact for support from openshift
>
> On what kind of plan are we? If free, I think the support is mostly best
> effort on #openshift and https://www.openshift.com/forums/openshift.

I'm not sure, but I think we were bumped to Silver.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13