Increase in disk quota

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 17:04:22 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have upped the disk quota on our Openshift gear to 10GBas a temporary
measure to give us some breathing room for the website.

I also now have a migration plan for minimal downtime for the server,
which consists of:

* Install a MySQL cartridge on a separate gear in the OpenShift account
* Ensure the database is using separate files per table
* Put wiki in maintenance mode to ensure no writes
* Migrate the database from our current node to the new one
* Update the mediawiki cartridge to use the 2nd host as the MySQL server
* Take wiki out of maintenance mode

At that point, the current bloated database can be dropped and
potentially recreated as a slave to the other one, with separate files
per table.

Does this approach sound tenable? I'm no system administrator.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13