oVirt Site Concerns

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 13:42:43 UTC 2014

Hi Brian,

This is a long-standing issue, and I'd like to see it addressed long-term.

The main issue is this one:
https://www.openshift.com/forums/openshift/ibdata1-file-eating-my-quota

The solution is to move to a scalable OpenShift application (which
solves the ibdata issue), use the external database in the MediaWiki
gear, and dump & load the database from the old database to the new one.

We could take advantage of the opportunity to handle log files better,
and add website analytics to the website with Piwik.

To that end, we recently (~6 weeks ago) sorted out the long-standing
issue of adding new admins to oVirt, and had more gears added to the
project. So it should be straightforward to take care of this now.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13