No privacy policy ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 13:46:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

People contacted me about mailling list issue, but as I think there is
no reason to not discuss with the community at large, I prefer follow
here.

It seems that for some reason, we are being blocked by microsoft.com due
to autoamted spam detection. I did look at
https://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx and basically, the ip is
listed "Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons. Reasons for
rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or
IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network admin please
contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help."

Looking on the web, i found
http://aacable.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/howto-remove-your-mail-server-ip-from-hotmail-black-list/ and indeed, I confirmed that's the IP of lists.ovirt.org who is blocked.

We can request to be delisted ( using
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl3&ct=eformts&scrx=1 ), but that requires to open a account at Microsoft ( which I did open ), and several informations.

Among them, they ask for a privacy policy. And it turn out we don't have
one :
http://www.ovirt.org/oVirt_Wiki:Privacy_policy

So while I can continue without it ( or hoping no one will check ), I
would be more confortable to ask for being delisted with one.

Is someone volunteer to tackle that task ?

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin