ovirt.org downtime (11:00-11:10 CEST)

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 09:10:42 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

ovirt.org was down for a few minutes, and is now back up - I did it.

It turns out that, surprisingly to me, "rhc snapshot save" (the command
to save a copy of an OpenShift application) brings down the app to avoid
database corruption - turns out it does a copy of the database files,
rather than a mysqldump.

The snapshot process itself looked like it was frozen, so I killed it
and restarted the application with "rhc app restart -a wiki -n ovirt" to
restore service.

My apologies - I am, it appears, still being surprised by some
idiosyncrasies of OpenShift.

Cheers,
Dave.
--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13