No mail notifivations when ovirt wiki pages are changed

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 14:03:30 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

If found that these email preferences were disabled on my account:

 Enable e-mail from other users
          E-mail me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed
          E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
          E-mail me also for minor edits of pages and files

So this seems to be a problem of bad defaults. Since most people
do not look for these defaults, and even more people keep the defaults,
there is little chance that people will get mail when page change.

I think that the best thing would be to tell the mailing list
about these options.

http://www.ovirt.org/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-personal

Then, we should change the defaults if possible, so new accounts will
automatically receive email notifications when pages change.

Finally, if possible, it would be a good idea to enable these settings
automatically for everyone. Maybe consult with the mailing list about
that.

Thanks,
Nir