Anacron job 'cron.daily' on linode01.ovirt.org

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 13:15:40 UTC 2014

Le mercredi 02 juillet 2014 à 04:40 -0400, Anacron a écrit :
> /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch:
>

> gzip: stdout: No space left on device
> system zcat failed: 256 at /usr/sbin/logwatch line 896.

So, some cleaning was done this morning by Eyal and Ewoud on the server,
and by me yesterday to get a few meg.

We are now at 2.4G, but discussing with Eyal on irc, we proposed to move
the mailling list ( ie archive and stuff ) to a VM on alterway ovirt
installation.

This may be disruptive, and since that's not in puppet, it may take
longer than I wish. So I propose to install the services, but not
declare them as being MX, do some testing.

Then once the lists are on the new list server, stop mailman on the
current server, put it as secondary MX put the first one as primary MX
and migrate over.

This should free 4G, but more importantly, this would split the download
server from the ml, which mean that download server being full will not
stop communication around the project anymore.

Any comment on this ?

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin