Removing duplicated rpms

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 14:18:43 UTC 2014

Hi!

Lately we have been having space issues on resources.ovirt.org and I'm working
on a small script to remove duplicated rpms and use hard links instead. But I
have a question:

Do we care if there are signed rpms inside nightly repo or ovirt-node repo? (or
any other repo for that matter), if so, why? Can we just use gpgcheck=0 on the
repo files for those?

I say so because a signed rpm and an unsigned one are different files, and if
you want both, you have to keep both, but if there's no need for that, you can
just remove the unsigned one and create a link to the signed one liberating that
space.

In my tests, I can save around 7GB of space right now. We can add the script as
a cron once a day to maintain the links once ready.

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.

Email: dcaro at redhat.com