[URGENT][ACTION REQUIRED] ovirt-node-iso_master_merged vs ovirt-node_master_create-iso_merged

Ryan Barry rbarry at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 14:29:40 UTC 2014

On 07/09/2014 04:32 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> comparing 3.4 publisher with master publisher I see:
> for master: Copied 3 artifacts from "ovirt-node-iso_master_merged"
> for 3.4: Copied 11 artifacts from "ovirt-node_master_create-iso_merged"
>
> Supposing both jobs should take sources from master I think that either both or only one of them should be collected by both 3.4 and master publishers.
>
> If the assumption on the source is wrong we've a naming issue here.
> Can you look into this?
> Thanks.

Not that either has run in months, but:

ovirt-node-iso_master_merged generates the ovirt-node ISO image inside
an RPM wrapper, suitable for upgrading through the engine.

ovirt-node_master_create-iso_merged (and this could have a better name,
even ovirt-node_master_merged would be sufficient, since the packages
built are just the ones from the ovirt-node specfile) generates the
ovirt-node RPMs which are put down on the ISO itself and the tools
necessary to edit it -- ovirt-node-plugin-snmp, ovirt-node, edit-node.

It makes sense for ovirt-node_master_create-iso_merged to be pulled into
a yum repo to make it easier for users to add plugins and use edit-node.

ovirt-node-iso_master_merged doesn't need to be in a yum repo at all,
unless you want to present 220MB RPMs for convenience, so users can
"yumdownloader..." for upgrades from the engine.