Selinux, because it is friday

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 14:06:00 UTC 2014

Hi again,

while looking at servers, I also couldn't help noticing that selinux is
either disabled or set as permissive on the few servers I looked, one
even having auditd disabled.

So I did enable auditd with the goal of collecting violation in
audit.log ( aka AVC ), and I plan to look at them. I already started to
fix a few violations showing up in the log.

Sometime, this would just be enabling a boolean to configure selinux
( ie, enable some specific access ), sometime, it was just wrongly
labelled file ( on monitoring.ovirt, mostly ).

I do not plan to set selinux in enforcing mode before having check that
there is no problem for a longer period of time, and of course, not if
people think it is not wise. I also so far only propose to do that host
by host, as I guess the jenkins ones may be more complex to limit.

I wil report with what I foud and so we will discuss if we make the
switch or not.
--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin