Python segfault in while running vdsm unittests - first aid

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 12:22:30 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nir Soffer" <nsoffer at redhat.com>

[...]
> > > is there a bug open on nose, any newer version that has a fix for it?
> >
> > Here is the bug: https://github.com/nose-devs/nose/issues/817
> >
> > No further activitity (neither on the bug nor on the repo) since my report
>
> But I think this is a bug in python, either in the core or in the xml module
> used by nose. nose probably only trigger the issue in the underlying
> xml code written in c.

I fully agree with you that the core issue is probably elsewhere, most likely where
you are suggesting.
Unfortunately I don't know yet where exactly, so as starting point I notified the nose devs.

Also, I wasn't yet able to pinpoint the segfault.
So far AFAIU looks like a memory corruption which later let the VM crash badly.

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D