Wrong version of pep8

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 17:47:49 UTC 2014

Hi infra,

I have seen this failure today:

Triggered by Gerrit: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/28611
Building remotely on dcaro-ovirt-vm03-centos65 (db_slave centos6 os1) in workspace /home/jenkins/workspace/vdsm_master_pep8_gerrit
+ pep8 --version
0.5.1dev
+ git diff HEAD~
+ pep8 --diff '--filename=*.py,*.py.in,*/vdsm,*/supervdsmServer'
+ sed 's%^./*%%'
Usage: pep8 [options] input ...

pep8: error: no such option: --diff
+ [[ 2 -ne 0 ]]
+ echo 'PEP8 Failed'
PEP8 Failed
+ cat /home/jenkins/workspace/vdsm_master_pep8_gerrit/violations.xml
Build step 'Groovy Postbuild' changed build result to UNSTABLE
Finished: UNSTABLE

Can someone explain why we see these errors again and again?

Don't we have some automated way to install a slave with all needed tools?

Maybe we need a vdsm-devel package depending on all the tools to make the CI/new developers life easier?

Nir