stats.ovirt.org ?

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 11:38:16 UTC 2014

On Mon 16 Jun 2014 11:40:10 AM CEST, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le mercredi 11 juin 2014 à 19:17 +0200, David Caro a écrit :
>> On Wed 11 Jun 2014 06:45:27 PM CEST, Michael Scherer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> what is the server stats.ovirt.org supposed to do ?
>>> It seems to be unconfigured, and the carbon setup for graphing do not
>>> seems completely functionnal ( ie not configured to start on boot,
>>> carbon-relay is wrong, and do not seems to be configured by puppet ).
>>>
>>> It also run Fedora 18, so should be upgraded.

>> That server was meant to hold some statistics and performance graphing
>> for the infra, I started configuring it but never finished, just got
>> webalizer running there and publishing the stats about
>> resources.ovirt.org, gerrit linode01 and lists web servers.
>>
>> The idea was to get graphite working there and send stats from nagios
>> to it. But also install statsd (or similar) on the machines to have
>> more grained stats if needed or other custom statistics or events (for
>> example patches merged, patches created, etc.).
>
> Also, it seems that graphite is not very actively maintained:
> https://github.com/graphite-project/
>
> The commits graphs look a bit flat :/

Yep, seems that it got a little quieter lately, it's a great tool
though, and there are a lot of tools around it (specially front-ends).
I think it's better than cacti and a lot easier to automate when needed.

> So what do we do with the VM ?
>
> Update it to Fedora 20, drop it ?

We should update it and properly configure it, but seen that it¡s
almost not configured, we might want to start from a fresh vm. It still
has the awstats setup on it, so in any case we should not delete it.