stats.ovirt.org ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 13:33:56 UTC 2014

Le lundi 16 juin 2014 à 13:38 +0200, David Caro a écrit :
> On Mon 16 Jun 2014 11:40:10 AM CEST, Michael Scherer wrote:

> >> That server was meant to hold some statistics and performance graphing
> >> for the infra, I started configuring it but never finished, just got
> >> webalizer running there and publishing the stats about
> >> resources.ovirt.org, gerrit linode01 and lists web servers.
> >>
> >> The idea was to get graphite working there and send stats from nagios
> >> to it. But also install statsd (or similar) on the machines to have
> >> more grained stats if needed or other custom statistics or events (for
> >> example patches merged, patches created, etc.).
> >
> > Also, it seems that graphite is not very actively maintained:
> > https://github.com/graphite-project/
> >
> > The commits graphs look a bit flat :/
>
> Yep, seems that it got a little quieter lately, it's a great tool
> though, and there are a lot of tools around it (specially front-ends).
> I think it's better than cacti and a lot easier to automate when needed.
>

> > So what do we do with the VM ?
> >
> > Update it to Fedora 20, drop it ?
>
> We should update it and properly configure it, but seen that it¡s
> almost not configured, we might want to start from a fresh vm. It still
> has the awstats setup on it, so in any case we should not delete it.

Ok, so I will at least try to upgrade to F19, likely F20.

As it is not really in production, I guess I can do that in the week ?

Also, awstats do not seems to be in puppet, and I think it should, do we
have a process for adding a module to git and puppet ?

(ie, adding a module we wrote rather than one of the forge)

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin