Minutes :: oVirt infra weekly :: 2014-06-16

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 19 15:16:45 UTC 2014

Le lundi 16 juin 2014 à 17:44 +0200, David Caro a écrit :
> ===================
> #ovirt: oVirt Infra
> ===================
>

> Meeting started by dcaro at 14:22:51 UTC. The full logs are available at
> http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2014/ovirt.2014-06-16-14.22.log.html .
>

> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * Hosting  (dcaro, 14:29:51)
>   * new lab in phx is almost here, found some issues installing base os
>     (dcaro, 14:30:36)
>   * ACTION: create a pad with the current list of hosts to add to
>     foreman  (dcaro, 14:41:43)

So I created a pad:
http://etherpad.ovirt.org/p/service_list_ovirt

I am gonna try to complete it until end of week, but as I got pulled for
others tasks around, feel free to complete it. Then once we have a up to
date working document, and once we decided what information we need, we
can place it on the wiki.

I did also use my internal access to the RH DNS to get a list of the
current dns names, and I have a few questions on some of them:

- ftp.ovirt.org point to resources.ovirt.org; yet, there is no ftp
server running there. Can we clean this name ( after proper announce, in
case people used that for yum access )

- puppet.ovirt.org point to the same server, but the puppet master is on
foreman, different server. This one should be removed IMHO, as it
prevent automated configuration in puppet (to some extend ), and can be
confusing.

- plugin/plugins.ovirt.org , nothing use it from a quick 30 seconds
search on Google. Do we need to keep that ?

- glance.ovirt.org. Only ssh is running on that server, do we need to
keep it ? ( in fact, is this the proper server ? )

I can proceed to remove them if we do not use them ( just to have a
cleaner zone file ).

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin