Jenkins is acting again - scoring patch when test was not run

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 06:49:22 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

this is a build status that indicates the job logic has failed (e.g unit test failed/pep8 check/etc...),
a build won't be on unstable status unless it is set to do so on specific logic,
leaving all unexpected infra issues to finish as 'failure' (red).

> > builds in general should not fail (red) on real errors (if they do, we
> > should
> > fix
> > relevant job), they should turn unstable (yellow).
> >
> > and job won't turn unstable on an unexpected infra error (like happened
> > now).
> >

> > > In this case the relevant test is running the pep8 tool, and scoring the
> > > patch
> > > is correct if the tool returned with non-zero exit code.
> > >
> > > Any other failure is CI error and should not effect the patch score.
> > >
> > > If you can, it would be nice if jenkins would add a comment on gerrit,
> > > telling
> > > about errors. In this case, the status should be ERROR instead of
> > > FAILURE.
> >
> > i think it will happen now, please let us know if this happens again,
> > we have the option to modify the default msg per failure.
>
> You can test this by adding a fake error in some build script, and check
> that it did not -1 the related patch.

works - http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/25254/
failed on infra issue, but patch didn't get -1.