Lists.ovirt.org is full ( or almost )

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed May 21 00:17:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just started to receive mail from postfix about insufficient storage
on lists.ovirt.org. So this would have blocked all ML.

I did some cleaning in urgency ( yum cache, etc ), but we would still
need to remove urgently lots of space to avoid seeing the issue again
next week.

So I would like to propose the following :
- short term
 - remove the iso in /home/obasan , that's ovirt 3.3, we are at 3.4, so
maybe not needed. that's 1G.

- mid term
  - do backup somewhere else than on this server. If the server crash,
having backup on it will be useless :) ( ie, the 9G of gerritt backup )
  - have smarter backups. Doing a full backup of gerrit mean there is
lots of duplication. Not sure if we should backup tmp file, for example.
  - remove texlive. it take half a gigabit, only for one version of
mediawiki. Which is weird on this server since it is not installed, IIRC

- longer term

  - move to a bigger server
  - have monitoring of the root partition usage so this can be detected
before it become a issue
  - try to have less automated mails sent on ml, as they take space
(logwatch for one, but maybe others)

Any opinions ?

--
Michael Scherer