Lists.ovirt.org is full ( or almost )

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed May 21 14:18:06 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

dcaro also found 9GB of archived engine-patches that we probably don't need.
deleting old releases, which are not supported anymore (3.2 and lower?)

> - mid term
>   - do backup somewhere else than on this server. If the server crash,
> having backup on it will be useless :) ( ie, the 9G of gerritt backup )
>   - have smarter backups. Doing a full backup of gerrit mean there is
> lots of duplication. Not sure if we should backup tmp file, for example.
>   - remove texlive. it take half a gigabit, only for one version of
> mediawiki. Which is weird on this server since it is not installed, IIRC

+1 of revisiting the backups and possbibly backup to another server (maybe alterway or rackspace for now)?

> - longer term
>
>   - move to a bigger server
>   - have monitoring of the root partition usage so this can be detected
> before it become a issue
>   - try to have less automated mails sent on ml, as they take space
> (logwatch for one, but maybe others)

that's on the plan to as part of migration to PHX2 lab, which will have 16TB of disk space.
hopefully within a few weeks if all goes well.