oVirt wiki login issues

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Sep 1 12:28:37 UTC 2014

Le lundi 01 septembre 2014 à 11:43 +0200, David Caro a écrit :
> On 09/01, Moti Asayag wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seems like [1] happens again:
> >
> > "Login error
> > oVirt_Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again."
> >
> > Could you please handle it ?
>
> Same issue as last time, I see that the database is occupying most of
> the space, I see 2 possible solutions (can be applied together):
>
> * Shrink database:
>   - Regenerating the ibdata:
>       This requires dumping, deleting and recreating the database to
>       regenerate the ibdata file. We can also separate that file per table
>       during the process.
>   - Cleaning up temporary and unnecessary data from the database:
>       This requires knowledge of the internal structure of the
>       database of the wiki, anyone has knowledge on that?
> * Expand space:
>   - Not sure how to proceed here, but we can ask for a bigger gear to
>   hold the wiki, we are using 8GB now.
>
> In any case, bkp, misc, any ideas?

I would rather migrate the wiki out of openshift when we can have a
server for that in phx2. We will no longer be constrained by hosting,
and we will be able to administer it in a more conventional way.

Openshift is made to deploy software that you deploy and write yourself,
not really to host stuff made by others who are not made for this. We
shoehorn mediawiki on it, and we start to see the limit of the
approach :/

Migrating to a set of 2 gears would only work for scaled gears, which
mean reinstalling the whole setup almost from scratch. So I would
prefer, if we need to do that, to move to a regular VM ( where then we
can enable cache, varnish, etc to make things faster )

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin