oVirt Infra Weekly Update :: 2015-04-16

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 17:32:57 UTC 2015

This week updates:

== Hosting
* We found that we got hacked:
    Only the hosts resources01.phx.ovirt.org and linode01.ovirt.org were
    affected, the attackers were able to upload a some php files to the apache
    web directory, that allowed them to access any file the apache user could,
    we haven't detected any other activity and no privilege escalation. Anyhow,
    we will be dedicate a full day to bootstrap the security and setup proper
    long-term policies. The hosts will also be rebuilt as soon as possible just
    in case.
  - Please, all admins change your passwords in foreman

* We are closer to get the PHX servers RAM upgraded, will try to start the
  upgrades this week

* Google is dropping the support for openid, so all of you that use google auth
  might have to change to another one (I recommend fedora), we are trying to
  get oauth working, but requires some changes and might require also
  registering again the external id to the account (to avoid creating a new
  one)

== Jenkins
* The master got out of space a couple of times, I've changed the retention
  policies for the most heavy jobs allowing us to free some space, but all of
  you that manage a job, please try to keep the number of stored buils to a
  minimum

== CI
* New workflow flag on the jenkins product on gerrit
  - If you want a review, set the flag to +1
  - A maintainer has to set the flag to +2 to be able to merge (in the near
    future zuul/jenkins will do the merge themselves when seeing that flag on
    +2)

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.