Bogus failures on ovirt-engine-master-check-patch

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 13:17:55 UTC 2015

On 08/18, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> Automation scripts should go into their own repo, their release cycle is different than the component, tags/branches/versions are separate. Adding these was a mistake and misunderstanding, as CI life cycle and versioning is detached from component, for example upgrade CI while maintaining old branches.
>
> If you do not like single repo for all automation script you can have xxxx-ci repo for these.
>
> But they should not be in package source repository.

I'm sorry, but I totally oppose that view. This issue is not caused by the CI
infrastructure, but because that patch has not been rebased in quite some time
and it does not include yet the patch that adds the proper script.

As I see it is a totally ok error that it should and has been found by the CI
system.

@allon, please rebase your patch