Please re-enable the animal-sniffer Jenkins job

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Sun Aug 23 15:23:44 UTC 2015

Hi infra team,

With Java 8 being the default Java available on Fedora 21 and above, many
(most?) developers contributing to the oVirt Engine use it, despite the
fact that oVirt Engine only supports Java 7.

While the pom.xml's maven.compiler.source property prevents us from using
new Java 8 syntax and the maven.compiler.target makes sure we generate Java
7 compatible bytecode, there's still a risk of inadvertently using newer
classes/methods introduced in JDK8.

I've upgraded our animal-sniffer configuration to add a way to safeguard
against these mistakes - could you please re-enable the Jenkins job [1]
that used to run it?

Thanks,
Allon

[1]