About jenkins load

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 13:14:22 UTC 2015

While trying to figure out a solution to the current jenkins load issue, I got
some stats on the current build execution in jenkins, and just so we all are
aware of the numbers.

In the last month, the number of builds per day has been multiplied by 1750%,
that is, from ~500 build/day tops to more than 8750 build/day

The percentage of failures has gone down too (around 5% in the last week). That
does not mean that the false negatives is going down too, but for sure it means
that it's not raising a lot if raising at all.

For the last 7 days (including weekend) we ran 25858 builds, from which only
928 were failures (combined real and false negatives, no easy way to know yet)

The daily average build time is at around 10min, that does not include the time
waiting in the queue though.

For the queues, we had a big peak of >750 queued jobs on tuesday (lasting until
thursday), with 4 smaller peaks of 300-200 jobs on last week's monday,tuesday
and wednesday and on this week's monday.

Will keep digging into this, cheers!

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.