Bounce on users lists

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 11:18:07 UTC 2015

Le jeudi 15 janvier 2015 à 18:31 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Itamar, by the proxy of Brian, did asked me to look on the bounce issue
> we have on the users lists. So after a few hours of careful log reading,
> here is my finding.
>
> The bounce situation
> bad(tm), and bounces are annoying.
>

> Investigation
> -------------
>

> Conclusion
> -----------
>
> If the core issue is "people are kicked out due to bounce", we can look
> at raising the threshold on mailman ( as proposed by Brian ), while at
> the same time trying to reduce the number of bounce ( ie, a root cause
> investigation on each bounce when we see issue ).

So I changed config of users@ for bounce :
bounce_info_stale_after => lowered to 3
bounce_score_threshold => raised to 30

I do not think that's gonna fix much, but at least, it should reduce the
number of time people get disabled ( ie, people would need to bounce for
a full month to be disabled I think )

--
Michael Scherer
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin