Fedora 22 slaves and puppet

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 15:55:09 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

While trying to get the fc22 slaves up and running on puppet, we found out that
they require a newer version of puppet master:

There are two available versions in the fedora repos (there's no fc22 puppet
labs repos), 3.7 from the basic repo and 4.1 from the updates, the 3.7 is not
ready for dnf and fails to run some yum commands (yum list and similar), and
the 4.1 requires a >=4.0 master.

The upgrade to >4.0 master is not backwards compatible and breaks all the <4
agents, so we would have to upgrade in block all the slaves...
Until then, we can't run puppet on fc22.

What we will do now is reinstall all the fc22 slaves with fc21, as engine is
almost ready to run inside mock we will be able to build fc22 packages on
fc21, so no problems there for now...

Waiting for the day when we can have a homogeneous slave pool!

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.

Tel.: +420 532 294 605