automation wrongly moving bugs to MODIFIED

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 09:14:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:10 AM, David Caro <dcaro at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/17 11:06, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Eyal Edri <eedri at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > imo, the gerrit hook should give -1 on this.
>> > either don't put bug-url at all, or put 4.0 bug-url.
>>
>> Not sure about this. I agree it makes some sense. It definitely don't need to
>> move to modified :-)
>>
>> Since we decided to not always clone bugs, and since we require merging to
>> master before merging to stable branch, I think it does make sense to include
>> the bug-url even in the master patch. obviously, Related-To is also good enough,
>> even though a bit misleading - I usually write Related-To when the patch is not
>> directly part of a fix for a bug but only related to it.
>
> We used the related-to in the past, but iirc it was dropped as not everyone
> used it and people that did, used it for different things.
>
> I still think that opening all the patches before merging any of them is a good
> solution.

Perhaps, if everyone is well aware of this.

I still think there is no good reason to take this risk.

I think saying "This bug is fixed" should always be left to a human.

We have bots (or at least people doing this in bulk) for moving bugs
from modified
to QA. Moving to POST to MODIFIED is the only step left for a human to
decide. IMO
it should left so.
--
Didi