ovirt-engine Ci is very very slow - hard to merge patches

Anton Marchukov amarchuk at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 07:22:43 UTC 2015

Hello Roy.

Do you know why we have so much merges to master at one moment and did not
have them before? Were you blocked by something or waiting for? Just trying
to understand that from the process standpoint.

Actually project maintainers do have ability to merge without "CI" flag
already, because Jenkins sets only "-1" that is not preventing maintainers
from merging the patch. So feel free to use it and merge if needed. Also we
brought up more slaves and I am going to add even more however we still may
hit the limit depending on the number of patches.

Anton.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:

> As you probably know the CI jobs for ovirt engine takes ages. After it
> completes, you need to
> pray that the tree didn't change otherwise gerrit refuse to merge and we
> over it again.
>
> Please disable it for now on *master*  as we can't merge quick enough.
>
> Stable branches doesn't change that often so its a win. We don't risk them
> and they anyhow makes less noise.
>
> Thanks,
> Roy

Anton Marchukov
Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat