Supporting Ansible as another tool for ovirt infra mgmt

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 02:04:11 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 04/03/2016 04:21 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:

>   * Saving time writing puppet classes for services (if Ansible playbook
>     exists)

don't know your needs well, but Misc has been building many classes
shared among several other community projects, and I've been told we
have several experienced sysadmin to help too.

>   * Bringing in new infra members which are interested in Ansbile (maybe
>     publish the team in the relevant communities)

There's many classes which really are not project-specific. Each project
has a website, wants user accounts, Jenkins is quite common too… So
there's no reason not to shared the roles and publish them publicly.
Sensitive stuff can be split in another repository, or use a Vault
(encrypted config).

> Cons:
>
>   * Another tool to support/maintain

You can use this as a way to experiment with this new tool. If you ever
wish to switch, OSAS will help you do so.

>   * No real support to manage in foreman as we do for puppet (for sure
>     not in our old version)

I heard in another discussion it was coming, but no date was raised.

Regards.