Supporting Ansible as another tool for ovirt infra mgmt

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 02:14:30 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 04/03/2016 04:42 PM, Barak Korren wrote:

> IMO, for long-running on-premise infrastructure (Not ad-hoc in "the
> cloud") which is what oVirt has and what what it targets, the drift
> monitoring approach is more suitable.

It is possible to run Ansible on an admin machine with a crontab or
triggered by git pushes or Jenkins. It can report changes/drifts in dry
run mode, but the results are not easy to read.

I think there is something in Tower for parsing the output and do proper
report but I never could try it
(https://www.ansible.com/security-and-compliance). I wonder when it will
be opensourced. Misc do you have any idea on this (and maybe tested some
of these features)?

Regards.