Lago jobs migration to jenkins.phx.ovirt.org

David Caro Estevez dcaro at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 07:38:37 UTC 2016

On 04/03 20:27, Nadav Goldin wrote:
> Hey David,
> as part of the migration to jenkins.phx.ovirt.org,I want to advance with
> the Lago jobs. I already migrated
> infra-puppet/infra-docs/ovirt-node/appliance/imgbased jobs, and so far they
> seem all to work. As far as I understand the Lago jobs are pretty
> independent so it should be rather simple. Currently there are 3 slaves
> configured (fc23, el7, fc21).

There are only 3 fc23 slaves, having one less, duplicates the check run time,
and having only one, triplicates it, can you create new slaves instead of
moving them from the old jenkins? (lago is not the only one using them, so
migrating all of them is not an option)

> At the fist stage(until we finish the migration)
> jenkins_master_deploy-configs_merged is not running, so we could control
> which jobs get migrated. So if a patch to the jenkins yaml will be
> introduced during the migration process it will have to be re-run manually.
>
> After migrating I'll disable the lago jobs in jenkins.ovirt.org, so even if
> JJB runs we will have only one jenkins running the CI checks.

Don't allow both to run anything at the same time, that will lead to confusion
and branches being deleted at strange times on the github repo, if they run on
one jenkins master, run them there only.

> One more question is if there are any other jobs which are dependent on the
> Lago jobs(like the publishers which are dependent on all build_artifacts on
> ovirt-node/appliance/node)

Lago is self-contained, anything lago needs (check-build-deploy) is tagged as
lago*, any other job that uses lago, get's it from the repos.

> As far as I understand the only thing needed for migration is updating the
> github api tokens and running JJB with *lago*.

And disabling the jobs on the other jenkins.
The github configuration is not trivial though, the api token is valid only
once and for a specific url. Also you have to configure the github hooks to
point to the new jenkins (or it will not get any events), that is done at the
github page, under project configuration.