Supporting Ansible as another tool for ovirt infra mgmt

Michael Scherer misc at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 09:29:45 UTC 2016

Le lundi 04 avril 2016 à 11:14 +0900, Marc Dequènes (Duck) a écrit :
> Quack,
>
> On 04/03/2016 04:42 PM, Barak Korren wrote:
>
> > IMO, for long-running on-premise infrastructure (Not ad-hoc in "the
> > cloud") which is what oVirt has and what what it targets, the drift
> > monitoring approach is more suitable.
>
> It is possible to run Ansible on an admin machine with a crontab or
> triggered by git pushes or Jenkins. It can report changes/drifts in dry
> run mode, but the results are not easy to read.
>
> I think there is something in Tower for parsing the output and do proper
> report but I never could try it
> (https://www.ansible.com/security-and-compliance). I wonder when it will
> be opensourced. Misc do you have any idea on this (and maybe tested some
> of these features)?

No idea on when this is gonna be open sourced (I keep asking), and
didn't test the feature.

However, foreman do support reporting from ansible, IIRC.

You can get the list of server from foreman since a long time, you can
store result in foreman, and I am quite sure that would be trivial to
store facts in foreman. There was a few demo during fosdem and cfgmgmt
camp, but I didn't listened as closely as I should (due to breakage and
sysadmin stuff during the talk)

See http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/schedule/speakers/DanielLobatoGarcia.html so
maybe someone can contact him so he can tell the state of the art
regarding integration ?
--
Michael Scherer