Supporting Ansible as another tool for ovirt infra mgmt

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 07:32:57 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 04/04/2016 06:29 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:

> However, foreman do support reporting from ansible, IIRC.
>
> You can get the list of server from foreman since a long time, you can
> store result in foreman, and I am quite sure that would be trivial to
> store facts in foreman. There was a few demo during fosdem and cfgmgmt
> camp, but I didn't listened as closely as I should (due to breakage and
> sysadmin stuff during the talk)
>
> See http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/schedule/speakers/DanielLobatoGarcia.html so
> maybe someone can contact him so he can tell the state of the art
> regarding integration ?

There's no video recording or links to slides on the cfgmgmt site
unfortunately. Nevertheless this person is contrinuting to several
modules like this one:
  https://github.com/dLobatog/foreman_ansible

It links to a dynamic inventory module, and there's facts and reporting.

So, dear list, is there any other features you would miss? any concern?
I'd be glad to contact this guy but I don't know much about Foreman
except FOSDEM talks and not much (yet) about your needs, so please help!

Regards.