Supporting Ansible as another tool for ovirt infra mgmt

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 08:13:35 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 04/05/2016 04:32 PM, Marc Dequènes (Duck) wrote:

> So, dear list, is there any other features you would miss? any concern?
> I'd be glad to contact this guy but I don't know much about Foreman
> except FOSDEM talks and not much (yet) about your needs, so please help!

Would anyone give a hand please?

The Foreman version is old, so maybe this is the right time to reflect
on some modernization. This is clearly a more bold task than we
expected, but in the long run… I can also most probably get some time to
give a hand on this migration.

If needed I will learn Puppet, but this is not a 5 minute job. As the
upstream Puppet rules are crap, this means some work, so expect more
time to get to it.

Let's at least raise the concerns you may have with this Foreman+Ansible
combination now, this will surely be useful in the future if not now.

Regards.