Vdsm build pass when it should fail because of missing package

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 09:30:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Sharon Naftaly <snaftaly at redhat.com> wrote:
> From what I see, the job installs the following packages:
> python-ioprocess-0.16.1-1.el7.noarch, ioprocess-0.16.1-1.el7.x86_64
> from the following repo: centos-ovirt36
>
> The repo is configured in check-patch.repos.el7 in the automation dir of
> ovirt-3.6 branch:
> centos-ovirt36,http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/virt/x86_64/ovirt-3.6/

Thanks, so the issue is in centos 3.6 repo, it should not include
ioprocess 0.16.

This version was released and tested for ovirt 4.0, and is not available on rhel
in the rehvm-3.6 channel, so it should be available to centos 3.6 users as well.

We should add rhel slaves in the CI, testing with centos is useless
for detecting
packaging issues, meaning that we will find these issues very late in the last
moment before release.