[oVirt Jenkins] test-repo_ovirt_experimental_master - Build #3801 - SUCCESS!

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 08:17:16 UTC 2016

On 1 December 2016 at 09:43, Anton Marchukov <amarchuk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> Let's try not to over-complicate this. The error here we should care about
> is "no more mirrors to try" Just use more than one mirror in yum
> configuration in ovrit system tests. That's what we enabled in standard ci
> and it works fine there (although we are not running this new config for a
> long).

This is IMO miss-diagnosing the issue - the problem is not a failed
mirror - the problem is 404 on getting a metadata file from a mirror
that was updated because you have a stale repomd.xml file on your
local cache. Another mirror will not help there because it would
probably be updated as well.

You could also solve it by running 'yum clean' all the time but that
would severely slow things down.

The best solution is IMO to have our own "stable" mirror that _never_
changes while jobs are running.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com