Rebase over other author's patch cannot be pushed to gerrit

Yaniv Bronheim ybronhei at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 16:03:32 UTC 2016

Not sure since when it was changed, but I noticed that I can't push patches
if I'm not the author

Counting objects: 50, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (50/50), done.
Writing objects: 100% (50/50), 36.66 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 50 (delta 34), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (34/34)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
remote:
remote: ERROR:  In commit db14ec7c1555a9eb37a0fb931bbb4ebdfc674bb4
remote: ERROR:  author email address rnachimu at redhat.com
remote: ERROR:  does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  The following addresses are currently registered:
remote: ERROR:    bronhaim at gmail.com
remote: ERROR:    ybronhei at redhat.com
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR:  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/settings/contact
remote:
remote:
To ssh://ybronhei@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master (invalid author)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
ybronhei at gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm'

We must have permissions to do that, this is part of the rebasing part, and
I think its fine to fix patches on behalf of someone else.. but its not the
best practice for reviewing.
anyway, please undo this change, unless its something that related only to
my env.. let me know

Thanks

--
*Yaniv Bronhaim.*