Can't resolve maven-checkstyle-plugin el7 for vdsm-jsonrpc

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 11:30:21 UTC 2016

On 12/11/2016 12:27 PM, Eyal Edri wrote:
> Which maven repository does vdsm-jsonrpc-java is using in its automation
> scripts?

That project uses "maven-local" to build, and takes the dependencies
from the RPM  .spec file, not for the POM. So you need to make sure that
the package for checkstyle is listed in as a "BuildRequires" in the
.spec.in file. As far as I know there is no package containing
checkstyle for EL7, at least not in the standard repositories. So this
will always fail, unless you explicity remove the checkstyle plugin when
building in EL7.