Ability to run [job-name] when a tag is pushed to Gerrit

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 16:48:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

this was discussed loong time ago.. how much effort would it take
for oVirt CI infra to support running e.g. [build-artifacts] when
a git tag is pushed to Gerrit repo?

Imagine the following situation:

1, new tag is pushed -or- existing tag gets updated (force push)

2, CI infra detects the new/updated tag and runs [job-name-here]
   on the relevant (tagged) commit

I'm asking this because in oVirt Dashboard, we're making releases
from tagged commits, so we basically:

- merge patch that prepares the (stable) branch for release
- tag the release-prep patch & push tag to Gerrit
- re-trigger [build-artifacts] for the release-prep patch

Thanks,
Vojtech