Ability to run [job-name] when a tag is pushed to Gerrit

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 18:16:44 UTC 2016

I've started [1], didn't got time to finish it though,
But the idea is to allow anyone who wants to build artifacts from a patch
to do so by add comment "ci please build".
There is already an open Jira on it [2], though maybe its not exactly the
same use case.

I was suggestion what you are saying as preparation for automating official
builds, but we didn't got around to do it yet,
and currently the focus and priority is on oVirt Gating, but if its
something simple like [1] we can probably work with developers to add it if
it has lot of value.
Lets star with [1] and see if it answer some of the existing needs.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/68017/
[2] https://ovirt-jira.atlassian.net/browse/OVIRT-920

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12 December 2016 at 18:48, Vojtech Szocs <vszocs at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > this was discussed loong time ago.. how much effort would it take
> > for oVirt CI infra to support running e.g. [build-artifacts] when
> > a git tag is pushed to Gerrit repo?
> >

> Its just a YAML patch to copy the existing build_artifacts job, give
> it a new name and change the trigger configuration.
>
> But the trigger may be a little tricky, since the Jenkins Gerrit
> trigger does not have a specific event for tags, instead it has a
> "Reference updated" event. So we may need to play a little with
> filtering to ensure this gets called only for tag updates and not for
> branch updates...
>
> I guess you will need our (infra) help, do we have a Jira ticket to track
> this?
>
> --
> Barak Korren
> bkorren at redhat.com
> RHCE, RHCi, RHV-DevOps Team
> https://ifireball.wordpress.com/

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)