DB upgrade jobs are not using engine-setup

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Jan 13 14:49:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

The scripts used to run the job can be found here [1].
Specifically:

ovirt-engine_upgrade-db.cleanup.sh
ovirt-engine_upgrade-db.sh

If you can submit a patch to replace the logic to use engine-setup instead,
the jobs will update automatically via yaml to use the new logic.
infra team can help with verification if needed.

Eyal.

[1]
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=jenkins.git;a=tree;f=jobs/confs/shell-scripts;h=a919553fd30c2da2c145ed70f25d1c3000144501;hb=refs/heads/master

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Eli Mesika <emesika at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently DB upgrade jobs are using schema.sh script and not engine-setup
> This may cause CI upgrade tests to be successful while they are actually
> failed when running from engine-setup
> Since we are using engine-setup to upgrade the database, CI tests must use
> the same exact method in order to be reliable
> I had faced this week 2 different cases when my patches passed CI but
> failed actually engine-setup causing a loose of time to me and to other
> that already rebased on a problematic patch.
>

> Thanks
> Eli Mesika

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)