Using oVirt VM pools in oVirt infra

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 11:00:22 UTC 2016

On 01/14 11:56, Anton Marchukov wrote:
> > But this is the reverse of what we need, the problem is how to make
> > the slave shut down in the first place, you can`t just do it from the
> > job that used it because it will make the job fail.
> >

> Hm. I think some hybrid option is needed. Once the job is finished we
> should unlabel the slave and then use some garbage collection to  kill the
> used slaves. I believe this can be done using system groovy script. And I
> think instead of removing labels we should just add a new one, e..g. we add
> "to_be_removed" and just schedule based on slaves not having that label.
> Smth like how data are purged from the database with delete flag.

Well, the plugin that barak passed before, the one that forces a slave
to be used only once, is what openstack guys use, in combination with
nodepool, a big python service to provision/manage slaves, that's what
I wanted to avoid, that extra service (as a jenkins job or not) to
exclusively handle slaves, when we already have the ovirt pool stuff

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.

Tel.: +420 532 294 605