Using oVirt VM pools in oVirt infra

David Caro dcaro at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 11:16:50 UTC 2016

On 01/14 12:03, Anton Marchukov wrote:

> > Well, the plugin that barak passed before, the one that forces a slave
> > to be used only once, is what openstack guys use, in combination with
> > nodepool, a big python service to provision/manage slaves, that's what
> > I wanted to avoid, that extra service (as a jenkins job or not) to
> > exclusively handle slaves, when we already have the ovirt pool stuff
> >

> Than sounds like we need to review the plugins available. I believe there
> should be something. At least we cannot do that without any orchestrator
> and since we do not want to introduce a new service - jenkins master its
> the ideal place for it. If there is nothing available we should write it.
> This will be technically the best solution.

The fact that all that's needed is to reboot, and it's jenkins the one
that knows when a job has finished running, and the one that already
orchestrates where a job runs makes it the ideal place imo to put
there that logic, so maybe yes, writing a small plugin that does it
might be an option

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.