Job template for regular builds

David Caro Estevez dcaro at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 12:11:49 UTC 2016

On 01/14 13:06, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Hey,
>
> as I learned in this patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/50675/2 the
> current job templates are not suited for jobs which are run regularly
> but do not need to be necessarily archived, like node and the
> appliance.

Can't you just not add anything to exported-artifacts? that will avoid
that specific job from archiving anything (for example, the
check-patch and check-merged ones are not expected to generate any
artifacts, usually just put there logs or reports if you want to have
them after, but no need to)

> My first impression is that we want a new template for these kind of jobs.
> But I am not completely sure how these kind of job will be different
> from the normal template.
> After all we probably want those artifacts to be archived - but maybe
> the small difference is, that we only need _one_ build published/ in
> the repos.
>
> Thoughts?

Maybe it would be a good idea to setup a meeting and discuss it there,
as it seems to me that we are not in the same page?

--
David Caro

Red Hat S.L.

Tel.: +420 532 294 605