Base Squid Configuration for Repo Mirroring

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 08:06:35 UTC 2016

Can you update it in the relevant ticket on JIRA?
We'll then have all the info in once place to make the best decision.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Anton Marchukov <amarchuk at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I tried to look some available solutions for transparent (read low
> maintenance) repository caching and the best thing I have found is the one
> from Ubuntu available here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SquidDebProxy
>
> Basically it is fully based on squid with some auto configuration and
> additional service discovery capabilities. Do not need to use it in full at
> all, but we can use the config available there as a base point to review
> and start with:
>

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mvo/+junk/squid-deb-proxy/view/head:/squid-deb-proxy.conf
>
> I also think we do not need acl to limit it to the domains as we have
> several repos used and they are added/removed along the way. So we can try
> with simply file type based acls. Then if we wisely setup our stats
> collection we should be able to asses how it perform and if any problems
> identified - try to address them individually.
>
> Those are my 2 cents.
>
> Anton.
>
> --
> Anton Marchukov
> Senior Software Engineer - RHEV CI - Red Hat

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHEV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)