ovirt-system-tests 4.0 reposync failure fixed

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Jun 16 06:44:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:25 AM, David Caro <dcaro at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 06/16 00:24, Eyal Edri wrote:
> > FYI,
> >
> > I managed to fix the reposync error with some hacking locally on the
> hosts
> > and also refreshing the repo on resources.ovirt.org.
>
> What did you do?
> Shlomi and I removed the cached repos (/var/lib/lago/reposync/ovirt*), and
> regenerated the metadata for the 4.0-snapshot repo on resources.
> What were we missing?

After regen didn't work, i tried createrepo - d. which also didn't help and
ended up deleting repodata dir and running createrepo . again.
Also I disabled the ovirt-4.0-snapshot repo section in the common/yum_repos
dir under ovirt-system-tests (i cloned it to /tmp and run only the reposync
command),
and re run again reposync and then it finally identified that the old vdsm
rpms which were deleted earlier from the repo finally are obselete and
downloaded the new ones instead.
I think since the old urls might have had higher version (4.18.9999) as
oppose to lower newer rpms 4.18.2 it might have something to do with it...

Anyway, I was able to reproduce the errors only locally on my machine and
srv25, by the time i run it on other servers reposync worked....