[JIRA] (OVIRT-408) migrate mailman from linode to PHX and upgrade to mailman 3

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 07:09:19 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 03/23/2016 06:53 PM, eyal edri [Administrator] (oVirt JIRA) wrote:

>> migrate mailman from linode to PHX and upgrade to mailman 3
>>
>>                 Key: OVIRT-408
>>             Project: oVirt - virtualization made easy
>>          Issue Type: Task
>>          Components: Hosting
>>            Reporter: eyal edri [Administrator]
>>            Assignee: Marc Dequènes (Duck)

This subject is still ongoing. I was finally able to talk to abompard
about a few things related to the migration and auth (more details in
the ticket). I'd just like to raise a specific point here.

So the local auth using email addresses, like was used on MM2, is not
working at the moment. abompard is working on it but he has other things
in his plate and no idea when it will be finished.

abompard suggested using Persona. So I don't know Persona well, but it
is being decommissioned by Mozilla next October. He also heard some
people would be willing to revive it (need more info on this). So this
could be a path to handle the email address credentials and ease the
migration from the previous installation.

We could also wait for him to finish releasing MM 3.1 and then harass
him (or bribe him with nice beers).

I don't think allowing only external auth like Google OAuth2 would be
nice at all.

So before acting I'm going to have a look at Persona more deeply, but I
wanted to have your opinion on this too.

\_o<