[JIRA] (OVIRT-408) migrate mailman from linode to PHX and upgrade to mailman 3

Marc Dequènes (Duck) duck at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 09:14:17 UTC 2016

Quack,

On 06/17/2016 04:55 PM, Barak Korren wrote:

> As long as we allow more then one provider, and also allow for some free
> ones like Fedora its not bad at all IMO. And it has the nice benofit of
> not having to secure any user credential database on our infra.

It's not bad, just better to have choice not to rely on them if you (as
a user) wish IMO.

Also I though having a direct compatibility with MM2 would ease
transition (as pointed out by Evgheni), but this is not an option right now.

> We've been using that approach on oVirt Gerrit forever, and are looking
> at ways to expand it to other parts of the infra.

Forever is irrelevant. If it suits the projects' needs in the contrary,
then let's do this way.

> Long term we would probaly like all authentication done against
> prividers via some sort of an sso layer, while authorization will be
> based on group assignments in Gerrit.

Maybe freeipa could help building this. I think Misc as more experience
with this; he could probably give some advice.

So as for now:
  - Google OAuth: enabled but not working yet, waiting to have access to
data to create the API credentials
  - Fedora: works well, tested with Misc's account
  - Persona: works well
  - OpenID: tested with LaunchPad/UbuntuOne, works well but URL has to
be entered manually, so maybe the page could be tweaked to have links
like in Gerrit

Would it be sufficient to begin with?

I think we should warn users they would need to have their email address
registered on some provider if not already done (in the announcement).

\_o<