removing old ovirt-engine unit tests jobs

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 13:20:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to remove the following jobs from CI [1], since they are not
adding any benefit over existing logic provided by the standard ci jobs
(i.e checkstyle & unit tests already run there).

Pros from removing:
---------------------------

   - reduce time needed to wait on patch verification
   - reduce load on jenkins
   - reduce possibility of false positive errors (since they are not
   running on mock)
   - reduce load on jenkins in general & maintainability

Possible cons:
------------------

   - output on unit tests failure might be not nice as existing jobs, but
   will still provide the relevant error. there is an open ticket on adding
   support for UI on STD ci, so it will there in the future.

If I won't get any rejections or justified concerns on this thread, I will
start with disabling them
and if all goes well removing them after 1 week.

[1]

ovirt-engine_3.6_style_gerrit
ovirt-engine_master_style_gerrit
ovirt-engine_3.6_unit-tests_gerrit
ovirt-engine_3.6_unit-tests_merged
ovirt-engine_master_unit-tests_gerrit
ovirt-engine_master_unit-tests_merged

--
Eyal Edri
Associate Manager

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)