Very long backlog of ovirt-engine Jenkins jobs

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Thu Mar 31 12:30:37 UTC 2016

Currently the queue is empty, any open issues?
Indeed there was a big amount of patches recently, we are working on
optimizing the jobs which are sent.

You can review all the code that runs per patch here [1], if you think any
of it is redundant, I encourage you to send a patch to update it, that the
power of standard CI,
everything is configurable from the project POV.

For e.g, you can see the rpms are built with -D "ovirt_build_quick 1", so
its already optimized to run fast.

[1]
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=blob;f=automation/check-patch.sh;h=e1a3a70c91d8e52386bb37bcfdf8b918a4639ee9;hb=refs/heads/master

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Yevgeny Zaspitsky <yzaspits at redhat.com>
wrote:

> The following Jenkins configurations have very long backlog:
>
>    - ovirt-engine_master_check-patch-fc23-x86_64
>    <http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_check-patch-fc23-x86_64/>
>    - ovirt-engine_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64
>    <http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-engine_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64/>
>
> Patches that were pushed to gerrit yesterday hadn't started running...
>
> I'm not sure these configuration should be run upon every patchset. What
> do they check that the other configurations don't? Do we need to build all
> GWT permutations on a CI sanity check?
>
> Regards,
> Yevgeny

Eyal Edri
Associate Manager
RHEV DevOps
EMEA ENG Virtualization R&D
Red Hat Israel

phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)