ovirt-engine-sdk 3.6 in master repos?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Mon May 2 10:38:59 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 11:33 AM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> (I was actually calling: ovirt-shell --connect -E 'ping' )

It is an incorrect dependency. Versoin 4 of the CLI should require
version 3.6 of the SDK. This patch should fix it in the master branch:

  cli: Fix the Python SDK requirement
  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/56903

In addition development of the CLI is currently fronzen, and there won't
be a version 4 of the CLI, at least not for release 4.0 of the project.
So we should change the master publisher job so that it publishes
version 3.6 of the CLI:

  Publish version 3.6 of the CLI to the master repository
  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/56904

@infra, can we also remove all ovirt-engine-cli-4.* RPMs from the
repositories?

Fabian, make sure that you don't have any ovirt-engine-cli-4 RPM
installed in your system. If you do then remove it and replace with
ovirt-engine-cli-3.6.

> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Okay, but, it's not sufficient:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/ovirt-shell", line 5, in <module>
>>     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 3011,
>> in <module>
>>     parse_requirements(__requires__), Environment()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 626, in resolve
>>     raise DistributionNotFound(req)
>> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: ovirt-engine-sdk-python>=4.0.0.0preview0
>>
>> This means that ovirt-engine-sdk-python >= 4.0 is also required - or
>> that it's a wrong requirement.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> - fabian
>>
>> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Right, I think that python-ovirt-engine-sdk4 is the 4.0 pendant?
>>>
>>> - fabian

>>> --
>>> Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>
>>> RHEV Hypervisor